Posts Tagged spring wedding
• The style of wedding dress is heavily leaning on vintage especially those from 50′s and 60′s. If you don’t want to go all the way, you can try one or two items that are classic vintage and reminiscent of the era like retro birdcage bird veil.
• Lace wedding dress is back into fashion in 2011 for Spring brides. Other fabrics that are in this year include organza, chiffon and charmeuse. Princess style ball gowns are another all time favorite; the trend this Spring is to add roses, ruffles, layers of lace and organza petals to create a dramatic, voluminous silhouettes that will simply blow away your guests, and your fiancé’s mind as well.
• Flowers and spring are unanimous; you can’t think of one without the other. So it is no wonder that spring wedding will reflect this element. Keeping with the trends, dresses this year are high on floral embellishment for the bride as well as bridesmaid, and even the dresses of close relatives like the mother of the bride or groom. So if you are planning to wear a sheath dress to the wedding of your cousin or a ball gown, add color to it by including embroidered 3D-bud and blossoms. If you love the vintage look of 40s and 50s, you can choose to wear a pretty A-line dress with floral add-ons near the waistline and bodice. This is perfect especially if the wedding is being held on the afternoon or morning or if the wedding is being held in a park or some open-air area.
• Spring air can be chilly for the bride as well as those attending it. So a light cover-up should be part of your dress. But instead of wraps go for cardigans made of cashmere. Keep the sleeves full-length or ¾ and the attention of all will be on you.
• Another trend for weddings in spring this year is choosing different dresses in the same color group for the bridesmaid. This is great if your bridesmaids are of different age groups or body types; then you can choose various styles of dresses for them in deeper or lighter shades of the same color to complement each of them. You can truly make your bridesmaids happy with their dresses by allowing them to choose the cut, style and neckline while you choose the color of the dress as well as the material. This will be one dress your bridesmaid will want to wear later on, unlike the dresses in the closet of the heroine in the movie “27 Dresses”.Tags: ball gowns, fashion trends, lace wedding dress, sheath dress, spring this year, spring wedding, style ball, wedding fashion